I resigned in my first work last May 2008 due to higher pay offer by my second employer.
I resigned in my second work last March 2012 because again of higher pay offer and due to closer location to home of my third employer.
I resigned in my third work last November 15 (effective December 15) in pursuance of my ultimate dream… to be an OFW. to experience other culture. to explore the world. and of course, to earn better.
I know, I know, job hunting in SG is hard (based on PinoySG) specially these times wherein the MOM is super strict on the process of issuing work permits to foreign employees. But I have faith in Him. I know that God will help me find one. (As INC, I personally am rendering my devotional prayer or my panata sa Kapilya — the place where He truly listens.)
What I need to do now while I am here in the Philippines is to prepare — emotionally, financially, physically. Faithfully? Always prepared.
I wondered what is the purpose of the days that are stamped in your passport (by the immigration) when you visit a foreign country. Like when we visited Singapore, a Filipino can stay in the country for at least 30 days.
Apparently, those are restrictions. When you stayed in a foreign country beyond those indicated days in your passport, you will be required to secure a visa.
If you are planning to visit Hongkong and you are a Filipino, you can enjoy a 14-day visa-free vacation. Some nationals of certain countries are exempted, while others have restricted days of stay. For more info, go to Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Finally.. I found this info on the net.
We will visit HK next year, March 10-13, 2012.
Might as well spend a day in Macau..
Visas are required by all visitors except:
a) Nationals of Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Croatia, Czech, Cyprus, Denmark, Dominica, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania and the United Kingdom(6 months) for a stay up to 90 days;
b) Nationals of Australia, Canada, Chile, India, Indonesia, Kiribati, Malaysia, Monaco, Namibia, New Zealand, Philippines, Samoa, Seychelles, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey, the United States of America and Uruguay for a stay up to 30 days;
c) Holders of a Hong Kong Identity Card, Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card or Re-entry Permit;
d) Nationals of China with valid Macau entry / depart documents;
e) Holders of Consulate / Diplomatic documents issued by the Macau SAR or Hong Kong SAR;
f) Holders of Diplomatic Passport;
g) Holders of “Laissez Passer” issued by the United Nations; in the course of duty;
h) Holders of travel document issued by the Portuguese authorities for the foreign citizens.
Visas can be obtained from the Immigration Services through Embassies/Consulates of the PRC and should be used within the validity. The visa is expired after the valid date.
Visas may be applied for upon arrival at the Immigration counter, however some countries are required to apply for an entry visa before embarking to Macau.
There are three types:
Individual – MOP$100, children under 12 years of age pay MOP$50.
Family Passport – MOP$200
Group – MOP$50 per person for bonafide groups of 10 or more and children aged 12 or under.
The above information is for reference only. For further information on entry formalities, please call the Macau Immigration Services of Public Security Police Force: (Macau area code) 853-2872 5488 or visit the website: http://www.fsm.gov.mo, email: email@example.com
For those who want to travel to mainland China, visas may be obtained at any of the China Travel Service (CTS) offices counters in Macau (the main branch is located at Avenida do Dr. Rodrigo Rodrigues, nºs 223-225, Edifício Nam Kuong, tel.853-2870 0888) or at the Gongbei Immigration and Customs (after the Border Gate) .
Portuguese passport holders who need the consulate’s assistance may go to the Portuguese Consulate located at Rua Pedro Nolasco da Silva, 45, or call Tel: (853) 2835 6660/1/2 or fax: (853) 2835 6658.source: http://www.macautourism.gov.mo/en/info/get2macau.php
HSBC – Starbucks Instant Rewards Mechanics
Revised September 1, 2011
Effective October 1, 2011
- HSBC’s Starbucks with Every Swipe Feature (the “Feature”) is an instant rewards spending feature open to all primary and supplementary cardholders of any HSBC credit card locally issued by HSBC Philippines (hereinafter referred to as “Cardholders”).
- The Feature will start on February 01, 2011 (“Start of Feature”), but spend/transactions starting January 15, 2011 will be accommodated.
- Cardholders can qualify to redeem any tall Starbucks handcrafted beverage of his/her choice plus one add on (except bottled beverages, bottled water and fruit juices) (“Starbucks Beverage”) or a 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew (Colombia, Italian Roast or Decaf Italian Roast) from Starbucks under the Feature.
- To qualify for any one of the offers (Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew), Cardholders must make a single receipt purchase of at least Php2,000 (“qualifying transactions”) on his/her HSBC credit card
• Purchases may be for straight retail transactions or installment transactions
• Foreign currency transactions are excluded from this Feature
• Other transactions with no credit card charge slip such as, but not limited to: Auto Charge, Balance Transfer,
Cash Advance, Internet and Mail Order/Telephone Order are excluded from this Feature
• Starbucks will not honor redemptions using official receipts or the HSBC Statement of Account
- Corporate Cards cannot be used for Instant Rewards.
- Charge slips which were transacted due to business transactions will not be honored.
- All casino transactions will not be honored for redemption.
- Cardholders may redeem their Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew WITHIN THIRTY (30) CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION DATE as indicated on the credit card charge slip. Redemptions after the 1-month period from purchase or transaction date will not be honored.
- To redeem any one of the Starbucks Beverages or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew under this Feature, the Cardholder must present his/her HSBC credit card and surrender one (1) valid and original credit card charge slip (Customer’s copy) of qualifying transactions at any Starbucks branch in the Philippines. This offer cannot be availed of in conjunction with other promotions.
- Upon redemption, the HSBC credit card will be validated against the credit card charge slip presented. The credit card details on the charge slip must match with the HSBC credit card presented. Redemptions will not be honored if the Cardholder is unable to present his/her HSBC credit card, or if credit card details on the charge slip do not match the details in the HSBC credit card presented.
- Splitting of a single transaction for the purpose of generating multiple charge slips is prohibited. Redemptions from such charge slips shall be deemed fraudulent.
- Only one (1) transaction charge slip from a particular establishment made on the same day may be used for redemption under the Instant Rewards Feature. If two (2) or more charge slips were issued by the same establishment on the same day, the Cardholder may only use one (1) charge slip to redeem under the Instant Rewards Feature. The remaining charge slips will no longer be honored for purpose of Instant Rewards feature. The cost of the item redeemed through the use of the remaining charge slips shall be charged to the Cardholder’s Card.
- Faded charge slips will not be honored for redemption. The following details should be clear: credit card number, transaction date, transaction amount and approval code.
- The Cardholder will be charged the cost of the Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew redeemed should the Cardholder cancel the qualifying transaction at a later date. Similarly, if his/her redemption is found to be unqualifed and/or fraudulent, such as but not limited to: duplication of charge slips and/or splitting of one (1) transaction into several approvals/charge slips, HSBC reserves the right to charge the cost of the redeemed Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew to his/her HSBC credit card.
- HSBC and/or Starbucks shall not be obliged to recognize or replace any unissued, misplaced, lost, stolen, or faded charge slips.
- In case of dispute in respect of the Cardholder’s eligibility, coverage of dates, fulfillment, etc., HSBC’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardholder’s eligibility for the Feature or for any redemption shall be resolved by HSBC at its sole discretion. Any dispute concerning the products and services of Starbucks shall be settled directly between the Cardholder and Starbucks.