HSBC – Starbucks Instant Rewards Mechanics
Revised September 1, 2011
Effective October 1, 2011
- HSBC’s Starbucks with Every Swipe Feature (the “Feature”) is an instant rewards spending feature open to all primary and supplementary cardholders of any HSBC credit card locally issued by HSBC Philippines (hereinafter referred to as “Cardholders”).
- The Feature will start on February 01, 2011 (“Start of Feature”), but spend/transactions starting January 15, 2011 will be accommodated.
- Cardholders can qualify to redeem any tall Starbucks handcrafted beverage of his/her choice plus one add on (except bottled beverages, bottled water and fruit juices) (“Starbucks Beverage”) or a 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew (Colombia, Italian Roast or Decaf Italian Roast) from Starbucks under the Feature.
- To qualify for any one of the offers (Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew), Cardholders must make a single receipt purchase of at least Php2,000 (“qualifying transactions”) on his/her HSBC credit card
• Purchases may be for straight retail transactions or installment transactions
• Foreign currency transactions are excluded from this Feature
• Other transactions with no credit card charge slip such as, but not limited to: Auto Charge, Balance Transfer,
Cash Advance, Internet and Mail Order/Telephone Order are excluded from this Feature
• Starbucks will not honor redemptions using official receipts or the HSBC Statement of Account
- Corporate Cards cannot be used for Instant Rewards.
- Charge slips which were transacted due to business transactions will not be honored.
- All casino transactions will not be honored for redemption.
- Cardholders may redeem their Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew WITHIN THIRTY (30) CALENDAR DAYS FROM THE PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION DATE as indicated on the credit card charge slip. Redemptions after the 1-month period from purchase or transaction date will not be honored.
- To redeem any one of the Starbucks Beverages or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew under this Feature, the Cardholder must present his/her HSBC credit card and surrender one (1) valid and original credit card charge slip (Customer’s copy) of qualifying transactions at any Starbucks branch in the Philippines. This offer cannot be availed of in conjunction with other promotions.
- Upon redemption, the HSBC credit card will be validated against the credit card charge slip presented. The credit card details on the charge slip must match with the HSBC credit card presented. Redemptions will not be honored if the Cardholder is unable to present his/her HSBC credit card, or if credit card details on the charge slip do not match the details in the HSBC credit card presented.
- Splitting of a single transaction for the purpose of generating multiple charge slips is prohibited. Redemptions from such charge slips shall be deemed fraudulent.
- Only one (1) transaction charge slip from a particular establishment made on the same day may be used for redemption under the Instant Rewards Feature. If two (2) or more charge slips were issued by the same establishment on the same day, the Cardholder may only use one (1) charge slip to redeem under the Instant Rewards Feature. The remaining charge slips will no longer be honored for purpose of Instant Rewards feature. The cost of the item redeemed through the use of the remaining charge slips shall be charged to the Cardholder’s Card.
- Faded charge slips will not be honored for redemption. The following details should be clear: credit card number, transaction date, transaction amount and approval code.
- The Cardholder will be charged the cost of the Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew redeemed should the Cardholder cancel the qualifying transaction at a later date. Similarly, if his/her redemption is found to be unqualifed and/or fraudulent, such as but not limited to: duplication of charge slips and/or splitting of one (1) transaction into several approvals/charge slips, HSBC reserves the right to charge the cost of the redeemed Starbucks Beverage or 3-pack Starbucks VIA™ Ready Brew to his/her HSBC credit card.
- HSBC and/or Starbucks shall not be obliged to recognize or replace any unissued, misplaced, lost, stolen, or faded charge slips.
- In case of dispute in respect of the Cardholder’s eligibility, coverage of dates, fulfillment, etc., HSBC’s decision shall prevail. All questions or disputes regarding the Cardholder’s eligibility for the Feature or for any redemption shall be resolved by HSBC at its sole discretion. Any dispute concerning the products and services of Starbucks shall be settled directly between the Cardholder and Starbucks.